Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallowbirthday

Halloween could not get here fast enough for Grace. She has been waiting for sooo long to wear her Spider Girl costume that she could hardly stand it any longer.

We've been talking for weeks about how we would fix her hair for the big night. I really wanted to put it up in lots of little ponytails and curl the ends to make them look like spider legs, but she would have none of that. She insisted on "one little ponytail and a red bow on top just like we do for school."

I guess you just can't take the girly out of the girly girl.





Corey took Grace down to the tennis courts for our neighborhood's annual Halloween party while Bonnie and I stayed home and got the house ready for the trick-or-treaters. Apparently, there were all kinds of villains that needed capturing and Grace knew just the trick to get the job done: spraying webs on all of them.




It's a good thing she had her partner to help out...




"Quick, Spider Girl! I saw the bad guys on top of this giant retaining wall! After them!"


After the party, it was time to trick-or-treat. I had every intention of making Bonnie a cute spider baby outfit to go with Grace's Spider Girl costume, but unfortunately it never happened.

I think she looked just as cute in Grace's piggy costume from 2 years ago, though!





We had a great time walking around the neighborhood collecting candy from everyone. Grace made sure to announce at every single house, "the porch lights are on...that means they're home!"





This little piggy had fun, too, and lasted for about 10 houses before she was ready to call it quits. Way to go, Bon!




The best part of the night...sorting candy. Who knew Grace's favorites were Whoppers (gross!) and Blow Pops!



Another reason in our house to celebrate Halloween is that it happens to also be Corey's birthday. This year was a very monumental day for ol' Corey...he turned the big 3-0 (finally)!

Welcome to the club!!






Remember our little trip to Glazy Dazy a few weeks ago? Surprise, Daddy!