Friday, October 29, 2010

Not Burt's

As much as I love making the 1 1/2 hour trip north in the fall to visit Burt's Pumpkin Farm, it's probably best that those plans got thwarted this year.

We had actually planned on going on a weekday to avoid the crowd and Corey was even going to take a day off work to join us. Unfortunately, some things came up and work got even more hectic for him so we ended up postponing our plans. As it turned out, the weekends were no less hectic than the weekdays.

So here it is 2 days before Halloween and still no pumpkin patch visit. We really didn't want to go the day before Halloween, so Corey agreed to let me take the girls to a nearby church so I could get my coveted pumpkin patch pictures. So, we swung by and picked up Mimi and headed over to Mt. Zion Methodist Church. For 15 minutes. Thanks to this week's monsoon, the patch was a mud hole. Of course, Bonnie wanted nothing to do with being held and instead opted to crawl around and get as dirty as she possibly could. All Grace wanted was the candy at the checkout counter.

I'll just say that skipping this year's trip to the beautiful North Georgia Mountains was the right thing to do.

But at least I got my pictures. And if you didn't know any better you'd think we had the time of our lives...