Tuesday, October 19, 2010

She thought she was saying something mean to me...

I always look forward to picking Grace up from school. It really is one of the highlights of Bonnie's and my day. As soon as we pull up in the carpool line, Bonnie starts stretching her neck to look out the window for Gracie. And as soon as she sees her she starts squealing. And I just can't stop smiling.

What's great is that Grace is equally as excited to see us and she also starts squealing as soon as she sees my car.

After we get out all the hugs and the "I'm-so-glad-to-see-yous" we usually talk about her day. Then, Grace will often entertain us with some of the songs she learned at music class and then request the Walkin' on Sunshine/Halo mash-up from the Glee soundtrack.

It seems that as soon as we get home, however, she stops feelin' the love, and starts in with the whining...and my parade gets rained on a little. Right when we walk in the door, it's time for Bonnie's nap. It's also time for Grace's quiet time. That is precisely when Grace starts the requests: fruit snacks, water, dress-up clothes, a movie...no not that movie...this one...nevermind...this one...

Aahh!!

After I finally get Bonnie settled in her bed I get started on Grace's to-do list. By the time I'm finished with that and get a load of laundry folded, nap time and quiet time are over. And I'm ready to go to bed.

But the requests keep coming and it's time to make dinner while entertaining a 3 year old and trying to keep a 1 year old from pulling the lamp off the end table. I'm exhausted just from thinking about this. Not to mention Corey recently had the nerve to tell me that he wouldn't mind having 5 kids. With whom is what I'd like to know.

Anyway, Grace had another wardrobe change request and I told her that I was not about to go back upstairs and get another princess dress this close to dinner time. She looked right and me and angrily exclaimed, "You're worth it!!!" I about died. It was impossible to keep a straight face when I was attempting to explain to a confused (and chapped) 3 year old that "you're worth it" is actually a nice thing to say to somebody.



It should come as no surprise that Bonnie is just as vocal as her big sister. I know I mentioned in a recent post that one of Bonnie's favorite things to do is to throw food off her tray when she's had enough. This remains true except now, as soon as she's finished clearing her plate, she'll look at me and say "cookie" in the sweetest little voice I've ever heard.

How can I resist?

She always milks me for at least 2 and sometimes 3 Vanilla Wipers.