Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Whoopsie daisy!

So, Grace found one of her Christmas presents today. Terrific.

It is a quite large Ariel vanity that I bought yesterday, and I had temporarily hidden it in the downstairs closet to get it out of my car so that she wouldn't see it. What a brilliant idea it was to put it in the same place where I keep all of our movies. Well, I completely forgot that it was there and when Grace opened the closet door to pick out a movie for quiet time this afternoon, she was met with a giant surprise.

I frantically shooed her away and made up some lame story about how it is a gift for Emma's friend for her birthday and what a coincidence it is that she had asked for the same exact thing for Christmas. Stacy, if you're reading this, just go along with it if Grace ever mentions it to you!

My plan is to act as shocked and surprised as Grace when we discover on Christmas morning that Santa has delivered the same Ariel vanity that Emma's friend is getting for her birthday this weekend.

Before my major snafu, however, we went over to Mackenzie's house for a fun election day play date. After playing in the basement, aka, Toys "R" Us for a while, we hit Chick-fil-a for a quick lunch. And I mean quick. Bonnie is not a happy camper when she misses a nap.






In lieu of taking a nap myself, I decided that after I put the kids to bed tonight I would make myself a giant mug of peppermint tea, put on a Christmas movie, and relax. I guess Grace overheard me telling Ceylese this because she got her "softer" pillow and blankets and made herself a little theater seat on the staircase. She told me that the blankie hanging on the gate was her movie screen, and that she was drinking hot chocolate and eating popcorn.

She certainly knows how to relax after a long day.