Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This is going to be a whopper of a post.

Not necessarily because I'm going to talk a lot; rather because I am about to share 40 pictures of our trip to Dallas and Oklahoma City to visit Corey's family.

I was a little nervous about traveling on an airplane with two children ages 3 and 1, but to my surprise, they were absolutely perfect on both flights. I definitely couldn't have pulled off a trip like that without Corey, however. Who knew we'd make such a great team?

We left Atlanta on Tuesday morning and flew straight to Dallas, TX. Corey's dad, more affectionately known as Grandad, picked us up from the airport and we headed over to see Corey's grandparents, also known as Papa and Gamime. I've had the pleasure of visiting with them a few times before, and I have to say that they are two of the sweetest people I have ever met. I am so thankful we got to see them this year.

We spent the night in Dallas and, after a quick breakfast at the hotel, we started our 3 1/2 hour drive to Nana and Grandad's house in Oklahoma City.

We had a great visit with them, and the girls, Corey and I couldn't have had any more fun. Nana really outdid herself in the toy department, too. In fact, their downstairs TV room has been renamed the playroom.

We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner prepared by Nana herself, and Grace was in charge of reciting this year's blessing. I must admit that I had to chuckle (and maybe even wipe a little tear from my eye) when she busted out the Lord's Prayer and then led right into Hail Mary. Of course, our typical pre-meal blessing is a little shorter, but I was so proud to hear her recite both prayers almost perfectly.

All in all, we had a great trip that certainly ended too soon. We can't wait to see see Nana and Grandad at Disney World after Christmas!


The Griswolds are packed and ready to go...










Visiting with Papa and Gamime...





Hanging out at the hotel in Arlington...





Scenery on our way to OKC...



Big Ben. Parliament. Not really. Just a huge casino across the Oklahoma state line that looks like Big Ben...



Rest stop in OK...





Now for the fun...









Ready for our Thanksgiving feast...





Homemade ice cream...yummmmmm...





Playing in Nana and Grandad's "coolest huge" steam shower...



Grandad babysitting...





Back home again...




Little helper sorting laundry...



Bonnie's "cheeks" bear a striking resemblance to mine!