Gracie got invited to her very first ever "school friend birthday party" and to say that I, er, she was excited would be a gigantic understatement.
The Tinker Bell-themed soiree took place at Abby's house, and it was a fun, good ol' fashioned cake and ice cream party with a "Happy Birthday, Abby" banner and a couple of balloons, and I am very glad to say that Tinker Bell herself did not show up.
The kids had a blast playing freeze tag and hot potato, or in this case, "hot fairy wand" while the adults munched on chips and drank pink lemonade.
It really was the kind of birthday party I remember having and going to as a kid, and I left without feeling like I'm going to have to fly in every princess from Disney World for Grace's 4th birthday party.
Backing up a bit to the hot potato game...
The hot potato was actually a little purple wand topped with jewels that formed a heart shape. Dangling down from the middle of the heart was a rather large, singular purple sparkling heart.
Guess who didn't win "hot fairy wand" because she didn't want to pass it to the next kid...
After the party, Corey treated us to Mexican food at one of my faves, La Paz, where we discovered that Bonnie will now smile and say "teeeeeeeese" when she sees a camera. And yes, I brought my camera to dinner.
All in all, definitely a great day.