Monday, August 30, 2010

Spider Girl

On the night before Grace's first day of school, I had to run to Publix to get a couple of things and I asked her to come along with me. She didn't want to go at first, but after I told her that there might be a little back-to-school surprise involved she was out the door and in her car seat before I could even tell her what sort of surprise I had in mind.

When we got to the store I said that she could either pick out a new "big girl" sippy cup or a new toothbrush. She opted for the toothbrush. A Spiderman one at that. I couldn't believe that my little girly-girl picked out a Marvel action hero toothbrush. I kept asking if she was sure she didn't want the cute, pink Barbie toothbrush. Nope. She wanted Spiderman.

I'll just say that Spiderman is her new obsession. In fact, she loves Spidey so much that we now have a Spiderman cartoon season pass set on our DVR. We watched it after school today. Then, she proceeded to run around the house (calling herself Spider Girl) and "stick" to anything and everything in her sight. Including Bonnie. And Bonnie loved every minute of it.

I took video of the whole episode and I'll post it as soon as I figure out how to get it to export to YouTube in less than 6 hours. For now, here are a few pictures...

Spraying Bonnie with her web


Sticking to the wall


Sticking to the fridge


Sticking to the art on the pantry


Sticking to Bonnie