Corey and I have really been talking up school the last couple of weeks with the hope that Grace might actually want to go this year. And now that Bonnie is older and the H1N1 pandemic is over, I'm pretty excited about school, too :-)
I guess our efforts paid off. I was all prepared for a little resistance and at least a big hug goodbye. Nope. She walked right into her classroom and turned around just long enough to say "bye, mom, I love you!" And that was it. Definitely much easier than last year's first day drop-off.

She wasn't ready to leave when Bonnie I arrived to pick her up, either. She was much too busy trying to get some last minute playing time in with Baby Aurora.
I got to hear all about her day on the way home, and it sounded like she had a great time. I asked her who she played with and the first person she named was her boyfriend, Gavin, who was in her 2 year old class last year during her brief stint there. Apparently, Gavin likes tattoos and motorcycles now. Great.
The poor thing was so exhausted from her day that she couldn't even make it through the first 10 minutes of Aladdin before conking out.