Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Botanical Gardens

I'm embarrassed to say that I've lived here since 1981 and I've never been to the Botanical Gardens. It is a beautiful place and there is so much to do.

My friend Amber, who lives down the street from us, has a season pass so not only did we get to take a fun field trip, but she let us use her guest passes that got us in for free. Mimi was nice enough to come over and babysit Bon so that Grace and I could have a little solo time together. I'll definitely take both girls, however, when Bonnie is a little older and is big enough to enjoy everything.

Grace had a blast hanging out with her boyfriend, Reid, and his sister Charlie, who wasn't at all interested in posing for pictures!




After story time and lots of running around in the treehouse, the kids cooled off in the "sprayground."




Next up, lunch and tours of the orchid conservatory and the edible garden. Reid and Grace clearly shared some special moments here!