After a fun outing to KangaZoom and lunch at McEntyre's Bakery with our friends, Carrie Beth, Handley and Harper, I put Bonnie down for a nap and sat down to check my e-mail, etc. I became a little suspicious after about 15 minutes or so when I noticed that Grace had not come into the office to "check on" me. I wan't too concerned about it because I could hear that she was busy doing something in the other room, but I decided to investigate anyway. This is what I found...
She had gotten herself and her babies, Annie and Clarabelle, all set up for "quiet time." And I use the term quiet time very loosely. I went back to the office to finish up what I was doing, and seconds later in she came with her blanket on her head and said, "I'm Little Red Riding Hood." Then she immediately turned to leave and told me, "Bye, Big Bad Wolf." Thanks a million.
Speaking of million, She recently told me that she "needed a hamillion Pet Shop guys." The Littlest Pet Shop is her latest obsession and apparently she doesn't have nearly enough.
As I type this, I'm reminded that Grace has been saying quite a few off-the-wall things that I'd better document or else I'll forget. These include:
(Whining) "Mom, I'm hungry. I just need a little snack. Mom. Mom. Mom. I'm hungry. No matter what."
(Whining again) "Mommy. My scratch 'n' sniff sticker doesn't work. I can't smell any something. I only smell part of my nose."
"Hey! There's a giant bird there!"
**This was in reference to the Big Chicken. We were driving home from her 3 year photo shoot with Jen when she spotted him. I grew up knowing about the Big Chicken so I didn't even notice until she so excitedly pointed him out. I don't know why, but the fact that she referred to him as a "giant bird" cracks me up! And since she can't quite pronounce th's yet, it sounded more like Hey! Dare's a giant bird dare! Makes me laugh every time.
"This traffic is JUST MISERABLE."
"Here you go, Bon. Your mommy says it's ok for you to have these princesses."
**This was Grace's attempt at being sneaky and trying to "trade" princess bath toys for another toy that Bonnie was holding. Apparently Bonnie has a different mother, too.
"Absolutely."
I can only imaging the things that are going to come flying out of Bonnie's mouth one day!