I think we're the last family on the planet, or at least in Atlanta, to get a flatscreen television set. It's sort of like how my brother and I didn't get a Nintendo until I was in the 4th grade, which was in 1988. Everybody who was anybody had one. And they had had one for at least 5 years by the time we got ours. My parents were, and still are to a lesser extent, very pragmatic and practical people, and clearly had no idea the damage they were doing by depriving us our video games.
It seems, however, that their good spending habits have rubbed off. Corey and I finally broke down and joined the 21st century with everyone else. Much to Corey's dismay, we didn't get a top of the line, 50 inch Sony or anything, but our 37 incher fits nicely in my armoire in the den. I insisted that if we were going to upgrade, it had to fit in a piece of furniture and not over my mantel. I don't like to strain my neck :) And after all, if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy, right?
All that said, Mr. Derek, the very nice man from DirecTV who let Grace wear his bluetooth and talk to his supervisor, was at our house for 2 1/2 hours today and now...voila! We can watch all of her beloved Disney and Nickelodeon friends in high def. Which is exactly what we did for the rest of the day.
Grace finally got bored (and evidently hot as you can see from her nudity) and decided that she was "going on a mission to scout for ladybugs and butterflies." Her words exactly. Then, she proceeded to run around the house singing, "I'm secret spy, Gracie!"
I can't wait until Bonnie can walk so they can both run around like crazies together. It won't be long!
