Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Moviestars!



So yesterday, I got a phone call from our health insurance company congratulating me on my pregnancy.

Uh, what?!?!?!

I remember getting those phone calls when I was pregnant with Bonnie and Grace, too.  You know, the ones where they offer "nanny" services after the baby is born.  Well, apparently they received some misinformation due to a clerical error from my most recent check-up (the lady assured me that this happens all the time, but I think I'll call Dr. Marcus to verify!).

Anyway, after I told the lady that I am not, in fact, pregnant I started thinking about how fast my girls are growing up.  Especially Bonnie.  As if I need reminding.

Since Bonnie's 20 month post, she has changed immensely.  It really is amazing how quickly that happens.

Of course, the day after I posted how much she hates having her diaper changed, she suddenly started loving it.  She now lays down upon request and is unbelievably cooperative; something I am not used to with her.  She must know that potty training is only a couple of months away...

She is becoming SUCH a snuggle bug.  All the time.  Another thing I am not used to with her.  She has just always been so willful and independent, but now she lets me help her and comfort her if she is frustrated or hurt.  I can't put into words how awesome that is.  I've always felt really close to Grace, but now it's happening with Bonnie and I am loving every single second of it.

She is also a big time daddy's girl.  I have never seen eyes light up so bright whenever Corey walks into the room.  It is the sweetest thing.

I literally want to buy her the toy store when she says, "I choo, Mama.  SOOO mutscz."  Translation: "I love you, too, Mama.  SOOO much."  I also love it when, after I explain something to her she says in a sweet little voice, "Okay, Mama."

I love how she turns phrases of praise that we've said to her into nouns; e.g., calling her sippy cup her "good girl" because we tell her "good girl" every time she refrains from throwing it on the floor.  She has recently started calling her sunglasses her "meesows" or "moviestars" because every time she puts them on we say, "Moviestar!"

She calls snacks "nacky nackies."

She says "oopeeth" (oopies...again, the lisp) whenever she drops something or does something that she's not supposed to do.

My favorite thing in the world to do is to be with my girls (and their daddy).  They are the best and, I don't know what I could have possibly done to deserve this life.  These last couple of weeks have just been amazing.  We have been having so much fun and if I could freeze time I absolutely would.