Saturday, May 21, 2011

Off to a very busy start.

I normally like to wake up on Saturday morning and have our leisurely pancake breakfast and play with the kids for a little while before we get dressed and venture out into the light of day.

And while we did enjoy our usual pancake feast this morning, we hit the ground running as soon as I cleared the dishes.  Literally.  The girls were strapped into the B.O.B and on the Silver Comet Trail by 9:26 for a little 4 mile walk/jog with Corey and me.

After we got home and ate lunch it was time to get ready for the big ballet rehearsal.  I did take quite a few pictures but I'll just share a couple for now as tomorrow's post will be overflowing with them.  And also because I took a LOT of slip 'n' slide photos that you will see below.  Just wait.

On a side note, the girls thought that saying "chicken nuggets" back and forth to each other the entire ride home was just about the most hilarious thing ever.  

On the big stage



As soon as we got home, Corey busted out the slip 'n' slide, or as we now call it at our house, the walk 'n' slide.  I think we need to get some of the neighborhood boys over here to show Grace how to get a running start and slide down on your belly as she prefers to tiptoe down.

Bonnie just liked splashing around in the little pool at the bottom.










Pretending to slide down the right way

Don't be fooled by appearances...Grace actually accidentally slipped and fell on her bottom in this one.





Mimi came over for a little while this afternoon to watch the girls splash around, and then loaded up Bonnie and took her home for the night so that Corey and I could take Grace out to a special pre-ballet recital celebratory dinner (which was delicious!).



Stay tuned for a lot of pictures of tomorrow's big recital (and probably another sappy pride story, too!).