Thursday, May 26, 2011

Open the pool!

Our first official pool outing of Summer 2011...






...was so much fun!

I told the girls last night before bed that after breakfast today we would be heading over to Handley and Harper's pool for a picnic and our first official dip of the summer.

Bonnie woke up yelling, "Haapaaa!  Haapaaa!" and the first thing Grace groggily said to Corey and me when we walked into her room was, "Remember, we have new diving sticks."  You think they were dreaming about their pool date or what?!

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about taking both girls to the pool without Corey.  And by "both girls" I really mean Bonnie.

I am happy to report, however, that Bonnie behaved exactly the way I had anticipated she would.  She loved the water.  And was not interested in any help from me whatsoever.  The only problem?  She can't swim.  That definitely made things a little challenging.

Needless to say she ended up spending quite a bit of time in her stroller.  Not bad for our first day, though.

Grace, on the other hand, was a little fish and I am so looking forward to the many more trips we will make to our new pool (hopefully) this summer (more on that tomorrow).  I also think that she is definitely ready for swimming lessons this year and will really get a lot out of them.