![]() |
| Before the show |
| Practicing her salute |
I don't even know what to say other than that ballet recital was the absolute most precious thing I have ever seen. Ever.
The event took place at Pace Academy and we had to buy tickets for it and everything. Big time stuff.
The theme of the show was Seasonal Serenade and the performances of each of the 12 classes were representations of elements specific to the four seasons. There was a Pumpkin Patch dance, a Valentine's dance, a Maypole dance...you get the idea. Grace's class, the Fireworks group, represented the Fourth of July and danced to John Philip Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever.
They were incredible. Each and every one of them. But especially Gracie (of course!).
The music started booming and my sweet girl marched out onto that big stage and smiled and danced her little heart out. Imagine my pride this time!!!
When the show was over I picked her up backstage and took her outside where she was greeted by her daddy, Mimi, Gramps, Memaw and about a gazillion flowers. She was beaming and was beside herself that so many people came to watch her dance.
After the recital ended we headed over to Ceylese's house to pick up Bonnie. Ceylese and Brad were brave, I mean, nice enough to babysit so that the grownups could focus on the show.
I must say that it was tough getting Grace to leave their house.
We also attempted to meet my mom and dad for dinner, but Bonnie, who is coming down with a little cold had other plans for Corey and me. We ended up taking her home while Grace, Mimi and Gramps enjoyed their Mexican food.
Not to worry, though. I still got my burrito(s). Thank goodness for take-out!
Grace was beside herself once again when she walked in the door and saw all of her flowers displayed on the kitchen island!








