Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Memories

Ever since I can remember, my mom has been fascinated with Princess Diana.  When I was 4 years old, I remember sitting in my beanbag chair on the living room floor with my teary-eyed mother as we watched Diana marry Prince Charles.  I will never forget how long Diana's veil was and how it seemed to take forever for her to walk to the altar.

I also remember walking into the same living room many years later to find my teary-eyed mother on the night Diana died.  I think there still exists a VHS tape of all of the funeral coverage somewhere in my parents' house.

I told you my mom was fascinated with her.

While I didn't wake up at 6am to watch this generation's royal wedding, I did record all of it, and the girls watched it this morning over Fruit Loops with their teary-eyed mother.

Kate Middleton looked positively breathtaking, and to say that Grace is now fascinated with the new Duchess of Cambridge is a gigantic understatement.  She loved her hair, her veil, her dress...and she asked repeatedly throughout the ceremony when the bride and groom were going to say "I do" and kiss.

I wonder if she'll remember watching this wedding with me the way I remember watching Diana and Charles with my mom?

Glued to the television