Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hostage Kisses

Last week started out on a sour note.  And by the time I became able to to blog about it, the much happier events that started occurring, like my mom's birthday, our fun weekend and Easter, deserved not to be overshadowed with the negative.

Just so that I don't forget (not that I will ever need reminding), here's how the beginning of the week went down:

Sunday night - Grace woke up at 1:30am with a 101.4 degree temperature.

Monday - Sick Day.  Grace's temperature would not go below 100.4 degrees.  I was starting to get a little worried because neither of our girls has ever really had a fever before.  And yes, I am very aware of how lucky we are for that.  I am also extremely thankful to have my mom and dad so close by as they more than willingly took Bonnie for the night.

Tuesday - Another Sick day.  I debated taking Grace to the doctor, but decided that this was probably just a virus that needed to run its course.

Tuesday afternoon/evening - Bonnie came home.  My mom stayed with Grace while Bonnie and I went to Chick-fil-a to get dinner.  We got rear-ended.  It was just a little bump, but we did spend the next 3 hours at the emergency room getting Bonnie checked out just to be on the safe side.

Tuesday middle of the night - Grace's fever reached 103.9 degrees.  I started to panic.

Wednesday early - Called the pediatrician.  My mom came over to watch Bonnie (again, so incredibly thankful) while Grace and I went to the doctor.  No strep.  Diagnosis:  treated her for a sinus infection due to bad congestion and history of sinusitis, but likely just a terrible virus.

Wednesday afternoon - Things started looking up.  Grace woke up from a nap in a pool of sweat...hallelujah!!  Her fever finally broke and didn't come back.

Another milestone of sorts to note is that Bonnie now gives kisses on command (finally!).  She didn't really have a choice the first time she did it.  Corey was holding her and she said her standard "down peeth (please)" after about 5 seconds and he made her give him a kiss before he would let her go.  She now thinks it's a pretty fun game to play. Hence, the name "hostage kisses" was born.

In short, we got off to a rocky start, but finished out the week on a very positive note.

Oh, and we're under contract.  For now.  Technically, we're in the "due diligence" period.  We had the inspection this afternoon I'm trying really, really hard to stay optimistic, but I must admit that I'm nervous.  Stay tuned for more on that!

My poor sick girl.

The "sick bell"

**Quick story about the sick bell.  My mom got this bell for me when I was in about second grade and was sick with strep throat ALL the time.  It is nearly 25 years old.  I decided that Grace is now old enough to use it when she is sick enough to be forced to stay in bed.  That decision may or may not have been a mistake...**