We spent the morning eating omelets and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. And waiting for Corey to get home from the Thanksgiving Half Marathon. His time was 1:45:42. He actually thinks that I'm going to start running with him!
While I made the spinach gratin for our afternoon feast, the girls pretended to be Rockettes.
During their performance, Grace randomly said that she was thankful for her family. Of course I wanted to cry at her sweet sentiment. My emotions quickly changed when she then asked Bonnie what she was thankful for. Bonnie's response? "I am thankful for my cothtume (costume)."
At least she understood the question?!
And I don't know what it is about Corey and his family, but they love to have their birthdays on holidays. Corey's birthday is, of course, on Halloween, his dad (and his dad's twin sister!) were born on Christmas, Gaga celebrates her big day with with good ol' St. Patrick, and this year...
...Memaw had a Thanksgiving birthday! A milestone birthday, to boot. But I won't mention numbers. And not only was she generous enough to host Thanksgiving on her birthday, but she also included my mom, dad and grandmother as well as Ellie's in-laws in addition to her own clan.
We all had a great time and the food was amazing!! I even got to steal a little Honey Baked ham and rosemary bread for a leftover sandwich or two.






