Sunday, November 27, 2011

The party's over.


Saturday we spent the afternoon at the Smith's for the GA/GA Tech game.  How 'bout them Dawgs!


Today, Corey spent the afternoon at the urgent care center.

During one of the many projects I've had him working on over the last few weekends, he managed to sustain a minor head injury installing a new bath fan in the downstairs powder room.  Something about a crowbar and the main mechanism needing to come down a half an inch?  I don't know.

Suffice it to say he told me to call a handyman first thing in the morning to finish the job.

The good news is that he didn't need stitches (although I tend to disagree, but the guy with the M.D. won that argument).  The gash is only about a half an inch long, but the blood...yikes.

Poor, sweet Grace witnessed the scene, and was terrified for her daddy.  After we assured her that he was fine and that the cut wasn't very bad, she had a great time getting him all bandaged up for his car ride to the doctor's office.  She even picked the Bandaid.  Dora.  But sshhh, don't tell Bonnie. ;)


And I really have to hand it to Corey.  As soon as he was finished at the doctor, he picked up Chili's for dinner and then primed the dining room walls (more wallpaper tomorrow!) while I got the girls bathed and put to bed. He is now carrying our thousand pound dining room table up from the basement to put together before he goes to bed tonight.  And he hasn't complained once.

Love that guy!