Friday, November 18, 2011

Sunflower and Roast Beef

Last night I had a fabulous evening out with my MOPS ladies.  And Corey had a fabulous evening in with his May girls.

It is incredibly rare that Corey can make it home in time to see the girls before they go to bed let alone get here early enough to man the bath/bedtime routine himself.  I am grateful, though, because while I did miss being home to kiss the girls goodnight, I had a really, really great time at dinner.

I have met some incredibly hilarious women and dinner with them once a month just isn't enough!




Today, it was back to the usual routine.

Bonnie and I took Grace to school and then drove all the way to Lowe's for the third day in a row to return some stuff.  Then we hit Hobby Lobby to have a print framed for Bonnie's room.

While we were there, Bonnie had fun saying hello to anyone and everyone we walked by, and while we were perusing the make-your-own jewelry aisle she busted out with, "Roast beef, roast beef!"

Ok, random.  I finally pieced some things together in my mind and figured out that she has been singing Thanksgiving songs at school for the last couple of weeks.

Grace, pardon me, Sun Flower had her big Thanksgiving feast at school today.  Not only did they get to chow down on all of my favorite turkey day foods, they also made Indian, or "Indiant," as Grace says, costumes out of white pillow cases complete with their Indian names painted on the back.

Of course I had to call her Sun Flower all day long and don't think the girl didn't correct me every time I accidentally called her Grace.

Now we're looking forward to our week off from school for Thanksgiving break.  As Bonnie says, "Boggle, boggle!"