Today both of my girls started school - Grace in Pre-K (what?!?) and Bonnie in the 2 year old class. And as much as I think we were all looking forward to getting back into a routine, I sure miss them both like crazy when they're away from me.
On the bright side, I wasn't quite the blubbering fool this year as I was two years ago when Corey and I dropped Grace off for her very first day of preschool. In my defense, I had just given birth to Bonnie 3 days prior so I was a wee bit emotional. Not that I wouldn't have bawled my eyes out anyway!
Anyway, I still had a very tough time leaving Bonnie, but I managed to hold it together a little better than I had in the past. Not to mention the fact that she didn't even bat an eyelash when I left. And was all smiles when I came to pick her up.
For the record, both girls got excellent reports from their teachers and Bonnie even made it all day potty accident-free!
Since the carpool line is only available to the 3 and 4 year old classes, I have to walk into the school in the afternoons to get Bonnie, and then we go back to the car and jump in the carpool line to get Grace.
This afternoon, I wasn't the only one who was ecstatic about picking Gracie up. I rolled down the window while we were in line and as soon as Bonnie saw Grace walking down the stairs she started screaming, "Dare's Guh-way-cee!! Hi Gwace!!! Hi Guh-way-cee May!! Hi Guh-way-cee May! I so gad to see you!!!!"
My sentiments exactly. About BOTH of my girls.
And finally, HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, EMMA! We love and miss you and hope you had a wonderful day!!



