Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad

My dad loves Mexican food.  So last night we headed down to Rosa Mexicano for some fancy Mexican cuisine to kick off the birthday celebrations.  YUM!

Since Bonnie has been banned from any and all restaurant dining until she is 30 Grace, Corey and I got dressed in our Sunday bests for the occasion.  I even let Grace wear (for the first time ever) her matching pearl bracelet and necklace that one of my closest friend's mother's had made for her when she was born.

She was absolutely beside herself not only because she LOVES to dress up, but also to be able to wear such special jewelry for her Gramps to see. 

Backing up a little to Bonnie.  I would have felt incredibly guilty about not including her in our dinner plans if I hadn't been sure she was going to have a great time with Memaw and PaPa.  

According to Memaw and PaPa's recap of the evening, she had a blast.  And slept until 8 o'clock the next morning as a result of all the fun.


Anxiously awaiting Memaw and PaPa's arrival





Grace and Gramps love their desserts


Today, the girls and I helped my mom decorate and wrap presents in preparation for birthday party number 2.  We even got to sing happy birthday and have cake with Stacy, Nana, Emma and Ellison all the way from California via Skype.  Amazing!









Party Animal




I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for every gray hair on my dad's head, and I'm grateful that he's put up with me all these years.  Love you, dad.  Happy 60th birthday!!!