I sent Grace to school today against my better judgement. Not because she is sick; rather, because everyone else is. If today hadn't been her Valentine's Day party and I if I hadn't volunteered to help with it, she would have had a nice relaxing day at home.
Apparently, the stomach bug of the century hit Preschool last Thursday night. 5 of 10 children in her class have been stricken along with 2 of her 3 teachers. Not to mention the apparent puke fest that occurred on Friday in the classroom next door.
I got the the frantic e-mail with all the gory details after our friends left on Saturday night. I just keep picturing the pie eating contest scene from Stand By Me. I won't go into those details, but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.
So far, we've managed to steer clear of not only this stomach virus, but also of any and all other stomach viruses since I've given birth to both of my children. I'm knocking on wood as I type this.
In spite of all the vomit, we had a great Valentine's Day. We started off the morning with a couple of little Valentine's gifts for the girls, had a fun party at school, then an awesome play date in the awesome weather with our friends, Carrie Beth, Handley, Harper (and Hudson).
Corey even surprised Grace with a sweet little bouquet of pink roses when he got home from work. She was just beside herself.
![]() |
| 3 sick kids are missing! |


