Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Appetizers and Moles
It has become sort of a routine lately for Grace for ask for "something to wait on" while I prepare her meals. By something to wait on, she means an appetizer. No idea where she came up with that description.
Our appetizers aren't fancy by any means. Usually, it's just a handful of Cheerios or some croutons (she loves them as much as I do) or anything else she can munch on for 5 minutes until her breakfast/lunch/dinner is ready.
The other morning before breakfast she wanted a hamburger bun. Ok, random.
I wasn't going to let her have the hamburger bun 1. Because she'd fill up on it and not eat her real breakfast and 2. Because said hamburger bun had been in the pantry for over a week and was covered in mold. Gross, I know. Normally I'm a very fastidious purger and cleaner so I have no idea how this got overlooked.
Anyway, after I explained to her the two reasons she could not have the bun for an appetizer (and even pointed out the green fuzz growing on it) she said, "Ew, that hamburger bun is covered in moles!"
