Sunday, February 20, 2011
The girl has me figured out.
The first time we took Bonnie to the church nursery she did amazingly well. In fact, she cried when we came to pick her up.
The second time we took her to the nursery she cried when we dropped her off. And apparently continued to cry off and on until we came to get her.
Today, I decided that she would be joining us for mass. Corey protested a little, but after I promised that I would handle any and all of her meltdowns, he conceded. He also realized that this was an argument he wasn't going to win.
She did great up until the homily.
We've also been having a little nighttime issue. It seems that Bonnie is no longer interested in going to sleep after I put her in her crib; rather, she cries and yells, "Mama! Don't go! Mama!"
Am I seriously not supposed to go back in and get her when she very clearly says don't go?!
I am well aware that I'm breaking every Moms on Call rule I learned after I had Grace whenever I go back into her room and rock in the glider with her. (Just for the record, I LOVE Moms on Call).
But I don't care.
She's not going to want to snuggle with me forever. Besides, how can I leave when she and Puppy are so comfortably nuzzled against my shoulder?