Monday, January 3, 2011

Easing back into the swing of things.

Since today was a teacher workday, Grace didn't have preschool.

We've only been on break for the last 2 weeks, so of course it makes perfect sense to schedule a workday at the end of it.

Go figure.

I actually didn't mind, though. I'm not sure I'm ready to get back to our normal routine yet. And it also gave us the chance to get together with some of our good friends that we haven't seen in a while.

I thought that Grace might split a stitch when I told her that we were going over to Handley and Harper's for a play date this morning. And then to Chick-fil-A. Actually, forgetting that it's closed on Mondays, I had originally told her that we could go to the bakery. She handled the news very well, though. Clearly, having our friends join us softened the blow.

And had I realized that my camera was in my purse before we were in the car ready to leave, I would have taken some pictures of all 4 girls having a good time. I can't believe how much they've all changed in the last few weeks!