My kids love the band Queen. Particularly the song Somebody to Love. Bonnie is actually starting to sing somewhat more coherently, too. The first verse goes a little something like this:
Caaaaaa... Anee puppy...baa beeee...buh buh buh booo....wuuuuuuuuu
I know, I know, I talk about this all the time. Believe me, I know.
There's a reason for it, though.
While Corey and I were schmoozing it up at the Piedmont Driving Club (uh no, we are not members) last week for his team's congratulatory dinner (they just closed the acquisition of Atlantic Station!!), one of the partners shared a little pearl of wisdom with us.
Apparently, being parents to 2 young children puts us smack in the middle of something called the Blackout Period.
The way it was explained to us is that the Blackout period denotes the span of approximately a decade, where parents to young children are completely out of touch with pop culture. Particularly movies and music.
Clearly in our case it's music.
The girls had a ball at my parents' house while Corey and I had our "date night."
| Guess what they're watching on You Tube? Yep. Queen. |
| "I feel like I'm in college." -Grace, age 3 1/2 |
Over the weekend, we had another dinner date (this time the kids came along) with our great friends, the Pittmans. Actually, Ceylese is my best friend and Corey and Brad were lucky enough to meet each other through us.
On our way home, Corey and I affectionately named the Pittman's home "The Silver Spoons House" after, of course, the famed 1980's sitcom Silver Spoons.
The kids all had a blast, and Grace looked like the girl version of Ricky Schroeder, aka Ricky Stratton, riding around on Blake's motorized Thomas the Train.