Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tempus fugit.

Calls herself "Bobbie"


My baby {sniff, sniff} toddler is 17 months old today.  That means that she is almost 1 1/2 years old, which means that she is almost 2.

Time flies!

Today, on Bonnie's 17 month birthday, I made the executive decision to avoid taking her to any and all restaurants until further notice, perhaps even until she reaches double digit years.

Despite our Jim 'n Nick's fiasco this afternoon (I'll spare the details), Bonnie is a very good baby {sniff, sniff} toddler.

She is still an excellent sleeper.  She is finally on one solid 3 hour nap a day, and sleeps exactly 12 hours every night.  To the minute.  If I put her down at 7:15pm, she wakes up at 7:15am.  If I put her down at 7:07pm...you get the idea.  It's quite remarkable.

That said, she goes to bed between 7-7:15pm and sleeps until between 7-7:15 in the morning.  Unfortunately for her I don't get up until 8am.

She is also becoming quite adept at using a fork and spoon to eat her meals, which in turn has led to more of a mess for me, but a broader palate for her.

She is extremely independent, often pushing us away if we offer assistance with whatever she is attempting to do by herself.

She is a screamer.  And sometimes a biter (we're working on fixing that one).

She has, hands down, the absolute best baby {sniff, sniff} toddler laugh.

She is into Corey and me equally right now, but is especially fond of her big sister.  All I hear during our waking hours is Gaysheeee!

She is developing some outstanding manners, saying peesh (please) and day-doo (thank you) or dansch (thanks) when she wants/is given something.  And if she really wants more of a given item, she'll pull out all the stops and say, "Peesh?  Mokay (more okay)!"


She LOVES any flavor of YoBaby smoothies, or moo-wees, and would drink them all day if she could.

Every time she hears someone cough she'll ask, "Areeokay?"  And if she coughs, she expects you to ask her the same question to which she replies, "Yah."

She loves to dance.  She loves to sing.  She still loves Dora and Ariel.  And Queen (I promise we listen to lots of other artists, just not while Bonnie is around).  She is still attached to Snuggle Puppy, but has added Pluto, or Boopy (not to be confused with Goofy), to the litter.  She loves George.  She loves other children.  She loves Jesus and America, too...ha ha.

And we LOVE her.  

Loves peebeesh (pancakes) 

Loves to give hugs