Sunday, January 9, 2011

Marathon Day


In keeping with our punctuality trend, the girls and I woke up early to get ready to greet Corey at the finish line. Of course we didn't wake up as early as he did (3:30am...yikes!), but my 6:45 alarm came way too quickly. Good thing we were all sound asleep at 9pm the night before.

I had our morning preparation plan of attack all ready. Being away from home and out of my element, I was sure we would need extra time to get ready. I even scheduled the night before to have breakfast delivered to the room so the girls could eat while I got them dressed.

You know, we're all about multi-tasking over here.

As it turns out, we were ready ahead of schedule. Yet another miracle. Nana, Granddad, the girls and I all headed downstairs to catch the Monorail to Epcot to see Corey finish his race. (I'll talk later about how staying on property is worth its weight in gold...especially if you visit off-season and get a good deal).

After waiting in line for what seemed like forever, we learned that the Monorail had broken down. Of all the days for that to happen.

Long story short, we didn't make it to the finish line it time to see Corey cross.

Fortunately, Action Sports International was able to capture that moment as well as several others of him running through the Magic Kingdom Epcot, and the Animal Kingdom.

Official race time...drumroll...4:07:50. Very impressive!! We are so proud of you!!!

For now, here are some post race shots of the runner showing off his "gold" Mickey Mouse medal...bling, bling!





We spent the rest of the afternoon at Downtown Disney, where we ate at the Rainforest Cafe so that Corey could refuel, and then did a little window shopping at the many, many toy stores...










I have to include some pictures of the incredible views from the hotel. Have I mentioned yet how awesome this place is? And how we'll never stay off-property ever, ever again?! Even if I have to go into debt to pay for it?!





I've got my eye on the Grand Floridian for our next trip. Corey told me to get a job...