We succeeded in our plan to spend every day with Dave, Stacy and Emma before they left for California. And although we're all so happy for them and all the wonderful things that are in store for them, I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that it wasn't tough saying goodbye.
Hope they're ready for some visitors in the not-so-distant future!
We're lucky enough to get to spend another week with little Ellison. She told her mom and dad that she would prefer to skip the long drive out west and fly with Nana next week. Can you blame her?
In the meantime, our new plan is to see the little munchkin at Gramps and Mimi's every day, of course.
These two...what can I say?
They found my old Cabbage Patch Kids' clothes...
Uncle Dan and Aunt Karen stopped by to wish them well...
Now, for the little party girl.
We stayed at my mom and dad's well past the girl's bedtime, so we ended up temporarily putting Bonnie to bed in the Pack 'n' Play until we were ready to leave.
Needless to say she wasn't interested in going back to sleep once we got home...
Oh yes, and George partied with us, too. And by "partied with us", I mean that Corey and I (and Bonnie) stayed up until 12:01am.
We're so fun.
So fun, in fact, that I probably don't even need to mention the bottle of champagne (that we had good intentions of drinking) we stuck in the freezer and forgot about until the next morning...
Happy New Year!