Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I've officially been decorating our house for Christmas for 1 1/2 weeks. You'd think it's because we are overflowing with gorgeous holiday decor to adorn every room.

It's not. It's because I have 2 kids. Or maybe I'm just too tired to care.

Or maybe I'm just slow. I know plenty of people who have more children than I whose homes have been decorated since Thanksgiving.

Either way, this house will be finished tonight if I have to pull an all-nighter to get it done. Not really.

Before we got our day started, the girls played in the playroom while I cleaned up the breakfast table. I peeked in to check on them and noticed that Grace had gotten out every.single.item from the play refrigerator. I was mildly annoyed since I'm trying to keep the house somewhat (and I use that term loosely) neat for cleaning lady day on Friday.

Apparently, she could sense that I was a bit perturbed and just said, "I'm giving tea to the Baby Jesus. He's thirsty. I'm the maid who brings him food."

I'm happy to see that she's taking her duty to love and serve the Lord seriously!