Starting in early October all the way until December 31st is Corey's absolute busiest time of the year. Perfect timing, I know. It has been this way since he started his job 5 years ago.


He is so busy that he'll often go for an entire week without seeing the girls awake. This is not due to traveling, either.
Although neither of us likes it, we're both used to it and we just try to deal with it the best we can.
Grace, however, is not doing as well.
In the past, she's been too young to really notice his absence and was just happy to get to see him when he was home.
Not so much anymore.
After I had cleaned up the remnants of Pancake Saturday, Corey went upstairs to get ready for work. Did I mention that he has to go to the office every weekend, too?
When she realized what he was doing, she lost it. And seeing his little girl cry like that just about brought Corey to tears, too.
Needless to say he did not go to work on Saturday. Or Sunday.
Corey stayed home all weekend and played with his girls. And since I had woken up in the middle of the night on Saturday with a little stomach bug, he even took them to church and breakfast afterward all by himself.
He is the best.

**Just a note to mention that I've (clearly) been having a little fun with the photo effects on my computer!**