Grace and I both have sinus infections. I'm starting to think she's inherited my dysfunctional ENT system.
I had my tonsils taken out when I was 8, and although we haven't battled strep throat over here yet (knock on wood now), I'm going to go ahead and start saving for when we do start dealing with that. I'm definitely anticipating another tonsillectomy for at least one of my children.
For now, sinusitis. We're both on antibiotics. And I can't decide which is the lesser of two evils: sinus infection symptoms, or the havoc a Z-pack wreaks on my stomach. I have had a gnawing feeling for the last 2 days. Grace seems to be tolerating the Omnicef so far (knock on wood again).
Aside from illness, however, we've had a busy but great week. And we haven't even seen my mom in 5 days. That is definitely some sort of record.
Grace hosted her first preschool play date for her friend, Caroline yesterday morning, and after a nap-cut-short for Bonnie, we were off to parent observation day at ballet.
All I can say is ADORABLE. And HILARIOUS. And also that I had no idea that she knew all the things she apparently knows about ballet (they don't let us watch anymore and Grace won't perform at home).
Today I helped with Grace's Christmas party at school. I now know for certain where we have picked up all of our illnesses, past and present. That place is a little germ factory. But she loves it, and I love their program, too. It's just the right size and the teachers are fantastic.
Bonnie seems to love it as much as Grace and I do; i.e., she loved ripping the teaching paraphernalia off the walls and sticking it to all of Grace's classmates. Hope the 2 year old teachers are ready for her next fall...
