Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's a Mystery

Grace's "grade" does the cutest thing called Mystery Reader Day.

Each week, a parent volunteers to bring a snack and a few books to read to the class.  The kids, however, never know whose parent it will be...hence, the "mystery reader" part.

Well, this week it was my turn and I was totally nervous.  I had to wait at the front desk with my snack and books and wait for the teacher to come and get me.  Once you are summoned to the classroom, you have to stand outside and answer questions about yourself, all the while disguising your voice, and wait for someone to guess who you are.  Apparently, the kid whose parent is the mystery reader is usually not the one who guesses correctly.

Not my kid.  She knew right away.

It turned out to be so much fun in spite of the 14 faces that were staring at me and hanging on my every word as I read to them.  I was terrified that I was going to forget how to read!