Well, Santa came to our house.
And he was very generous.
And I cannot believe that I let the girls ride around on my new hardwoods with their new scooters. That didn't last long, I will say.
I will also say that Bonnie had no interest in taking her helmet off. Or any interest in wearing the Christmas jammies that Mimi got for her.
This year was definitely our best Christmas yet. The excitement on the girls' faces when they came down the stairs and discovered that Santa had, in fact, visited our house is a vision I want to remember forever.
They spent a long time examining everything before finally asking if it was okay for them to open their presents. And by "them" I mean Grace. I am assuming she was a little hesitant because I'd been telling her for several days leading up to Christmas that she had to wait until Christmas day to open anything.
She is definitely my little rule follower.
Bonnie opened her gifts (and Corey's and my gifts) like she opens gifts everyday for a living. It was hilarious.
After having fun at our house, we all got dressed and headed over to Gramps and Mimi's to celebrate. We even sang Happy Birthday to Jesus (Grace's idea) and to Grandad!
And I'm just going to get this out of the way right now lest I get all teary, it was a really, really, fun time but it was sure not the same without Dave, Stacy and the girls. It is so hard to believe that it's been a year since they moved.
On the bright side, it sounds like the California Losins had a wonderful Christmas, too. And I can promise that one year (after Corey makes partner) we will spend Christmas at Lake Tahoe!
George loved his new rawhide wreath we brought him (which, as it turns out, he got to taste twice...yuck!). He said it was totally worth the upset stomach, though.
As usual, we all got spoiled...
...and we all had a very merry Christmas!



















