Every year we spend Christmas Eve with Corey's family. And every year we go home with more than we brought.
This year, Grace got more arts and craft activities than I think she knows what to do with. I can already tell that we are going to have to pace ourselves so that we don't run out before school starts again.
Bonnie was in dress-up clothes and jewelry heaven.
And Coltrane, well, he had to deal with a lot of girly activities this year being outnumbered by his cousins.
Next year will be a different story, however, when the numbers even out with the arrival of Coltrane's baby brother. Ellie and Josh will be welcoming their new little guy this spring!
After the gift-giving festivities, we swung back home for a quick wardrobe change and then met Mimi and Gramps at Christmas Eve mass. We ended up putting Bonnie in the nursery as she was more interested in talking to the folks sitting behind us (and around us and above us in and in front of us) than listening to church.
After communion I sneaked out a side door to go get her and she wasn't all that interested in coming with me (until I reminded her about Santa's impending visit).
Then she was all, "Bye! Thee yoo laterrr Miss Anna Marrrie!"
As we approached the pew where my family was sitting, Bonnie announced as loudly as she possibly could (During the final prayer when all was completely silent), "Mimi!! I have a GWEAT day! I played toyth!!!!
All those people behind, in front, above and around us cracked up.
After we got home, it was time to feed the reindeer, leave cookies and milk out for Santa, take baths, and read "The Night Before Christmas" and the "Cajun Night Before Christmas."
We like to keep New Orleans alive over here.













