Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Chops
Let me just start this post by saying that I love fat babies. LOVE them. Who doesn't, really?
That said, Bonnie was a biggun. And I have been so hesitant in documenting this lest it someday gives her a food complex, or worse.
But she was so incredibly cute. And very chunky. So we started calling her the little pork chop.
Well, that nickname has evolved in many ways from its original "Little Pork Chop" title to Bonnie Bon Chop Chop (we are very, very weird) to Choppers and more permanently, Chops.
I get some seriously strange looks, as you can imagine, when we are out in public and Grace yells, "Hey Chops! {insert command}!"
I remind Grace all the time that when we are out amongst others (who don't know us) we should try to call the little choppers by her given name. She has a hard time remembering that. On the bright side, however, Bonnie responds to her nickname.
Anyway, that is the story of Chops. And honestly, the name really doesn't even apply to her anymore as our chunky baby is growing into a tall, lean, active little girl. I could cry thinking about how old she is getting.
Speaking of Bonnie, she is up to all sorts of mischief lately. Surprise, surprise.
She speaks full-throttle sentences now, complete with adjectives and adverbs. What is it about girls?!
Our little motor mouth isn't without her quirks, either. She can't stand to wear long sleeves. I mean, she can't stand it. She is forever telling me to "open my thleeves," which means that she wants her sleeves rolled up. She even wants the sleeves of her jacket rolled up. Defeats the purpose, I know, but good luck trying to rationalize that one with her.
She can throw a doozie of a fit when she wants to. Like the 45-minute-long-one she threw in the Preschool hallway on Tuesday. I finally ended up carrying her to the car (in the pouring rain) under my arm like a football. I had a big glass of wine that night.
She has inherited Corey's family's sensitive skin. She currently has a tiny spot of eczema on her eyelid and so I mentioned it to her. A couple of days later she randomly said, "Mama, I have thcrambled (scrambled) eggth (eggs) on my eye."
She loves all of our Christmas decorations and calls the nutcrackers, "crunchers."
One of her favorite snacks is a granola bar, which she calls, "camino bars."
While she is most certainly our more spirited child, she also incredibly sweet. When I took her to the doctor when she had pneumonia I was signing us in and she said, "I'll be just fine, Mama." I'll swear the girls behind the desk got just as teary-eyed as I did when she said it.
She has taken on the roll of speaking for both herself and Grace. Even if Grace isn't even in on the scheme. She'll say, "Mom, we want chocolate for dethert (dessert)." "Mom, we want to go play in the bathement." This new tactic has been working out pretty well for Grace.
She still loves Dora the Explorer. And is now very picky about which episodes she will watch.
And while she is growing up entirely too fast, she is not transitioning to a big girl bed any time soon!!
