Saturday, July 9, 2011

Temporary Pancake Saturday Kitchen

We are pretty fired up about our new digs.  We've even already met some of our new neighbors who have 2 kids right around Grace's and Bonnie's ages.

We just don't live in the house yet.

But we will one day.  Right now, we're waiting for estimates on some updating that (desperately) needs to be done before we can commit to unpacking all of the boxes.  Just for the record, this is giving me fits! 

Moving is definitely not for organized people.

Mimi and Gramps haven't kicked us out yet, and as a little "thank you" we held our weekly pancake breakfast in their kitchen.  Then took them out for Mexican this evening.  It looks like we might be becoming regulars at Chepe's.

In between pancakes and burritos, Corey took the girls to our new neighborhood pool.  It. Is. Awesome.  It even has a lifeguard.  Not that I trust a 16 year old to keep a better eye on my kids than I will; it's just cool to have one around.

Grace's favorite part is the zero entry shallow end, or as she calls it, "the beach entrance."  Bonnie's favorite part is running down the beach entrance and then jumping off the ledge that divides the shallow end from deeper water.

While Corey and the girls splashed around, my mom and I got a little prep work done in the laundry room and the girls' rooms before Memaw and I start rolling paint next week.

Then it was time for a big margarita!