Thursday, July 21, 2011
Splish, splash, Mommy finally got home in time to give the girls a bath!
Lately, my days have been spent over at the new house sprucing it up and trying to do as much painting as humanly possible to save as much money as humanly possible so that we can actually hire people to do the really big stuff.
Like the bathrooms. And the floors.
It's looking like that may happen in the very near future, too. Yippee!
I am so appreciate of my mom for watching the girls all day every day while I piddle around at the house, but I miss them so much and I am ready to have my job back.
I got home just in time tonight to handle bath time. During normal circumstances this is not my favorite part of the day, but right now I love it. They have such vivid little imaginations and it is fun to sit back and watch them do their thing.
Bonnie's new favorite thing to do in the tub is to "make pasta." This pretty much involves filling up bottles with water and pouring them out. Sometimes onto the floor. Whoopsies.
Grace, on the other hand, prefers to make "frozen popsicles." She fills up cups with water, adds little plastic sea creature toys to the cups, places a wet washcloth over them, and then puts the entire thing into the "freezer." She then uses her shampoo bottle as the freezer door and closes it so that the popsicles will freeze.
I haven't quite figured out why, however, her popsicles never seem to freeze. Every time she "checks" them, they are still liquid. Hmmm. Could she be stalling to get more tub time?

