And I'm not talking about the Bulldog's loss.
It was about 9am by this time, and Grace was ready to help her daddy stir the batter. She was standing on a kitchen chair at the island just the way she has done a thousand times before. Corey and I were right there. The next thing I knew, she was on the floor, screaming, and was covered in pancake powder mix. Of course we immediately picked her up and checked her from head to toe. She didn't have a mark on her, but kept saying that her forehead hurt. I called the KIDS hotline and the nurse asked a million questions and then told me to keep a close eye on her as well as a couple of specific things to look for.
Vomiting was one of those things. Which she promptly did after I hung up with the nurse.
Grace has never, ever thrown up in her entire life, so not only was her little head throbbing, but she was also very confused about what had just come flying out of her mouth.
I called the nurse back in a panic and she said, "Ugghh...I was hoping that wouldn't happen." Definitely not the most comforting words. She told us to take her to Scottish Rite. Grace and I left 2 seconds later. Corey called my mom to come over and watch Bonnie, and he met us at the hospital shortly thereafter.
Thankfully, she started acting much better once we got to the hospital. The doctor examined her and determined that she was fine, but wanted her to stay for another hour for observation.
Once we got home, she was acting perfectly fine...playing, running around, and acting just like she always does.
Another sign the nurse on the phone told me to look for was if Grace stopped to complain of pain in her head while in the middle of an activity.
She did just that. Of course, I freaked out and off we went back to Scottish Rite. This time my mom came with us and Corey stayed home with Bonnie.
Once there for the second time, she acted perfectly fine...for the next 2 hours. Then she started to complain of pain in her forehead again. Then she just got hysterical and was screaming about how much her head hurt and kept burying her head in my chest as if she couldn't stand the pain. She has never, ever screamed like that before. And I have never, ever been so scared in my entire life.
All that said, the doctor still wasn't convinced that anything serious was wrong, but he ordered a CT scan of her head just to be safe. I won't go into those details except to say that, thank God, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, her scan came back perfect.
Now, she's back to her normal silly, sassy, awesome self and I will never, ever take that for granted ever, ever again. Ever.