By some miracle, we have yet to see all of those daytime thunderstorms that the weatherman predicted for this holiday weekend. Hallelujah! It always seems to start raining the minute the Friday 5 o'clock bell rings...just in time to spoil Corey's weekend. I always feel so terrible for him when I see a weekend forecast full of rain after an entire a week of nothing but sun.
Since the weatherman has been mostly wrong again this weekend, we took our chances, packed our lunches (and the rest of our house) and set off for some swimming fun, rain or shine. If I'm packing that much stuff I'm staying for the duration!
I also thought I'd take a chance on some water wings for Grace again this year. They weren't a big hit last summer, but after seeing how well my friend's daughter swam with them at our pool date last week I decided to try them again. What a difference a year makes! I won't go so far as to say that Grace's alter ego is Ariel the Mermaid, but she did pretty well and even allowed us to let go of her for short periods of time so that she could swim by herself. We'll definitely keep trying them!
Bonnie, on the other hand, LOVES the pool. The second her toes touch the water her legs start kicking a mile a minute and the squeals get really loud! She loves her float, too, which really helps me when we're at the pool without Corey.
Finally, since the girls were so good at the pizza joint last night, we thought we'd take them out for Mexican tonight. They did great and even got to have their very first bath together when we got home! Talk about a couple of little torpedos...