Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stylish

Grace has been telling me the last few nights that she is going to brush my hair and make it look stylish. Good luck, sister. I need all the help I can get. Once again, I have no idea where she learned that word, but it still cracks me up every time she says it.

She also brought me these sequined cat eyes this morning and told me that she wanted to be Mardi Gras. Now, I know that one came straight from the Tiana book we read every night.


Those couple of quotes have prompted me to get out the list where I jot down every other funny thing she says...which is just about everything.

Mucho gusto.
*This is what she once said to me after I served her her dinner. Clearly, she didn't learn it from me. I took Latin so I don't even know if she was making sense.

You make my heart feel super happy.
*Don't get all teary-eyed like I did when she said this to me. I later discovered that she picked up this line from Kai-Lan.

Ow! I 'stepped' my toe!

I can't marry Prince Philip if I have a dirty dress.

Oh, my Mickey ball...awesome!

A couple of days ago, we were having a discussion about Grace's cousins. After she named all three of them she asked if Baby Coltrane was sleeping. The rest of the conversation went something like this...

Me: Yes, Baby Coltrane is probably sleeping right now. Babies like lots of sleep.
Grace: They like lullabies, too.

And my personal favorite...

When a woman says later, she really means not ever.
*Okay, I just about spit out my milk when she busted that one out at the dinner table. I quickly learned that she heard it on The Princess and the Frog. C'mon Disney!! Is there any movie that's safe for the kids to watch when Mommy needs an occasional babysitter?



I'm afraid of what 's going to come out of Bonnie's mouth when she learns to talk!

I am, however, excited to report that Bonnie can sign "more" when she wants more food or more of anything for that matter. She doesn't perfectly clap her finger tips together (it's more like a fist and a palm :)), but she definitely gets her point across and squeals with delight when she gets what she wants. Then she does it again and again to see if it will work!