Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thanks, Glee!

Gracie is shaping up to be our little music prodigy. At 14 months she could hum the tunes of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and Daisy, Daisy, both in their entireties. At 17 months she could hum all of Hey, Jude and by 20 months she could sing most of the words.

So it's no wonder that she loves to watch the "kids" on Glee perform. Just to clarify, we don't let her actually watch the show, just the musical numbers. Because of this program, she has added many new songs and bands (and I must add that she has excellent taste in music) to her current catalogue, including Queen and Katrina and the Waves.

And Carrie Underwood.

There's nothing like it when you're sitting at dinner and your 2 year old, out of nowhere, belts out, Last night I got served a little "bitty" too much of that poison, baby. Last night I did things I'm not proud of. And I got a little crazy, in the most plain, easy to understand English you've ever heard. There was no mistaking what she was singing.

Thank goodness we were at home at our own dinner table.

It was right then that I realized not only the capacity of her memory as we haven't listened to that song in months, but also her ability to recall and repeat information that she's been storing over a period of time. And one day she is going to recall and repeat all of the things I've said to other drivers when they've cut me off in traffic. In public.

**Note to self to get better about that.





She's also been all about her cowgirl boots this week. So what if it's 85 degrees outside?