On our way home from running errands this afternoon, my car thermometer registered 102 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm pretty sure it's too early to call these the dog days of summer, but seriously, 102 degrees? I got home being very thankful that I'm not 8 months pregnant now like I was this time last year.
We've spent the last few days just being lazy. Corey took Grace to the pool a couple of times over the weekend, but their trips were relatively short due to the heat. They also tested out Grace's new Ariel slip 'n slide. Bonnie and I stayed inside in the air conditioning.
We had another movie night on Saturday and this month's feature was Toy Story. All of a sudden Grace is obsessed, or as she says, "assessed" with the Toy Story trilogy, specifically Toy Story 3. Until Saturday, she had never even seen any of them. Not sure where this phase is coming from, but we'll go with it. That is, until she starts making us buy her every Woody and Buzz Lightyear figurine she sees at Target.
Speaking of "assessed", Grace told me on Sunday that she is "assessed" with mermaids right now. Then, she told Corey that he is "assessed" with World Cup Soccer. Where in the world does she hear such things?!
We traded our usual popcorn and hot chocolate for s'mores and milk this time. I thought that Grace would like the s'mores a lot more than she did, but I guess in her defense they were pretty messy and our little girly girl does not like to be dirty. But Bonnie on the other hand would have loved to have gotten a hold of one!
I mentioned in my last post that now that Bonnie is crawling, she is into everything. Everything. She rips cords out of the wall, tries to pry off the electrical outlet protectors, and she can open the fireplace doors. I'm definitely getting plenty of exercise now that she's on the move. I'm seriously thinking about suspending my gym membership (that I never use anyway)!
Bonnie has become very attached to her "snuggle puppy". As soon as I put her in her crib for nap or bedtime, she grabs Snuggle Puppy and pulls him right up to her face. And every time I go in to check on her that puppy is nestled underneath her arm and one of his ears is by her face. It is very sweet.
She is also starting to imitate sounds. She pants when you ask her what a dog says, and tries to make a tic-toc sound when you ask her how a clock goes. She's growing up so fast!