Saturday, June 19, 2010

Don't fence me in!

Bonnie's newly discovered talent has opened up a whole new world of search and discovery for her. And a whole world in general for yours truly. A couple of nights ago, it took me 1 hour to make what should have been a 20 minute meal. OK, a 15 minute meal. Obviously, I wasn't making anything gourmet. The point is that I kept having to stop every second or so to prevent Bonnie from inflicting serious bodily injury upon herself.

So, I had a brilliant discovery. I remembered that my best friend, Ceylese, went through the same thing with her "more active and curious second-born child" and her solution was to purchase a "fence" of sorts to contain him. I immediately called her and before I could even finish explaining my situation to her she said, "You need my fence. I'll have it to you by 1:30 this afternoon." What an angel.

I put Bonnie inside that fence (I should mention that it takes up nearly my entire den so she has plenty of room to crawl around) with a basket of toys whenever I need to accomplish things like making dinner for my family or vacuuming Cheerios off the floor.

So far, so good.



That is, until she's ready to get out ;-)