Monday, March 22, 2010

Slow down!

I was doing laundry this afternoon, and, for lack of a better place to put her, I sat Bonnie in her bouncy seat that she outgrew about 2 months ago. It has been sitting in the laundry room patiently waiting for Corey to put up in the attic (no rush, hon), but at that moment I just needed a place other than the cold floor for her to sit for 5 minutes while I folded clothes. This is our "fancy" bouncy seat that plays music, so I turned it on for Bonnie's listening enjoyment. Big mistake. Huge.

As soon as the music started to play, I couldn't hold back the tears. It was so reminiscent of the time that the girls were brand new and teeny tiny that I just felt overwhelmed. My babies are growing up WAY too fast!

Speaking of growing up way too fast, Bonnie is 7 months old today. And Grace will be 3 years old in 3 months. As sad as it makes me to think that my girls are going to be off at college in the blink of an eye, I also love watching them grow up. Both of them are doing more and more every day, and I'm very grateful that I get to be here to witness everything.

7 months is one of my all-time favorite baby ages. Bonnie has so much personality and is really trying to keep up with her big sister. In fact, she is trying so hard that I fear more and more that crawling is just around the corner...





Grace had quite a special day, as well. She had her weekly ballet class, but this time she had visitors...her Memaw and her Aunt Ellie! She was so excited they came that she had a a bit of a hard time following directions. Okay, she normally has a hard time following directions, but Memaw and Aunt Ellie provided a good excuse today! She pulled it together by the end of class and still managed to earn her Aurora stamp from Miss Lindsey.

Thank you for coming to watch Gracie dance!

Gracie, Aunt Ellie, and Baby Colt!