Sunday, March 21, 2010

Buggly Bugs and More Birthday Parties

Is it Monday yet?

I think it's safe to say that birthday season has officially started. After a very busy weekend of parties, cake, other various forms of junk food, and being WAY off of our schedule, Grace seems to think that it is her God-given right to eat, drink, say, and act however she wants. She sure did have a lot of fun breaking all the rules, though. Now I'm going to have a lot of fun getting us back into our "normal" routine. Not!

Before our day really got started, Grace, her daddy, and I had a little Play-Doh fun while Bonnie took her morning nap. We made all kinds of things including spaghetti, bacon (which was sort of a fluke, but turned out looking just like the real thing), hearts with everyone's names on them, and "buggly bugs". Grace came up with that one all by herself.





We hit "Big Davis's" 3rd birthday party this afternoon at the Little Gym. I'd never been there before, but it was so much fun. They had all sorts of gymnastics activities set up for the kids and instructors to help them with everything. Everyone got to play for an hour and then it was time for birthday cake. Thomas the Train birthday cake to be exact. It was really cool, and Grace informed us that for her birthday she would like a Percy cake. I guess I'll be asking Ann what bakery she used!

Guess who was at the party today, too? Yep...Emma! Once again, Grace was absolutely beside herself when she spotted Emma walk through the door. And, once again, I didn't have my video camera ready to capture the moment. They are so stinkin' cute together and it makes me so happy. Grace's good friend, Handley was at the party, too, so she had an extra good time!







Bonnie had fun getting all dolled up again in her best party dress and kicking around on her blankie while all the big kids ran around her!