Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"I just keep laughing."


I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Bonnie is hilarious.  And that's a good thing because if I didn't find a little humor in all of her antics the girl would be in a giant heap of trouble every day.  Or living with Mimi and Gramps on a more permanent basis.  Kidding.  Sort of.

A couple of days ago she was giving me trouble before her nap.  She didn't want to put her sleep sack on.  Then she wanted it on.  Then she wanted it off.  Then she wanted to put on her pajamas.  The Dora ones.  No the Princess ones.  After several minutes of the back and forth, I had had enough.

That's when I started threatening.  And that's when Bonnie started laughing.  You know, the kind of taunting laugh that makes the person who is upset more and more furious.  As I was mid "If you don't (fill in the blank), then I'm going to (fill in the blank)," she said, while mid chuckle, "I juth keep waffing."

It took everything I had not to crack up right then and there.  So much so that I had to turn around and hold my breath so that she wouldn't hear me stifling the laughter.  Tears welled up in my eyes.

My mom had to leave the room (Yes!  My parents are still letting us live with them).

What are we going to do with this girl?