It may have taken some serious bribing, but I finally got Bonnie into her purple dress this morning just in time to leave for picture day at school.
She is really into this one brown polka dot dress that Santa brought her last year for Christmas (he brought a matching one for Grace), and pretty much insists on wearing it every day.
If it hadn't been for Grace telling Bonnie that her purple dress "coordinated" with her own hot pink dress, we would have never gotten that thing on her. And again, a little bribery never hurt anyone.
Both girls have been saying some pretty funny things lately that I must get documented lest I forget:
A couple of weeks ago we were having a dance party in the den. We just had the TV channel set on some random playlist when "Funky Cold Medina" came on. The girls cut a serious rug and when the song was over Grace said, "I want to hear that song 'Monkey Hold the Deal' again."
Her new favorite thing to do is to go to brunch at J. Christopher's after her Saturday morning soccer games. Her current menu item of choice? Strawberry waffles with "whep" cream.
She is also turning into quite a little rhymer. I'll admit that we've had a few rhyming mishaps (think words that rhyme with tick and tell). She started to rhyme words with truck this afternoon. Seriously! I thought I was going to have a stroke. I quickly changed the word and dodged that bullet.
For the record, Grace doesn't have a mean bone in her sweet little body and was horrified that she had accidentally rhymed bad words.
Bonnie's list is a little longer as she is speaking in long paragraphs now (I think that must be a girl thing?)
She loves to randomly say "I don't care." It almost never makes sense when she says it but it always makes me laugh.
She will often respond with an "I don't know" or a "because" if you ask her any given question.
She loves to play with her big sister's Leapster (which is supposed to be off limits to her) and gets very indignant when it is taken away from her. She, every time, yells, "Hey! My Weepsta!" With her lisp, of course. In fact, she pretty much starts all of her exclamations with "hey." Like if you try to help her with anything. She will yell, "Hey! That's my job!"
Let's see...she calls the iPad the "WaPad" and says, Hey! My WaPad!" if she sees anyone else using it.
She loves to say, "I can't beeweave (believe)!" Insert "it" at the end of the sentence.
And finally, she says "moothgit" for music and loves to tell "seethgits" (secrets).
The girl is a mess!


