Saturday, October 15, 2011

Before...

I'm just going to be up front and admit that I haven't taken any "after" pictures yet, but I will.  Just as soon as there are no more contractors in my house.  

**The refrigerator, unfortunately, did not come with the house.  That is a new purchase.  On the bright side, I have never had a brand new refrigerator so I am pretty excited about this one.**

Just glancing at these pictures, the cabinets really don't look all that bad.  In person, however, it was an entirely different story.  I'll spare the gory details.  

Anyone and everyone who did work on this house asked us if it was a foreclosure, if that is any indication of the shape it was in.  Quite the opposite, actually.  The previous owners, as it turned out, were about a year away from owning the house outright.  

Corey fell in love with it immediately while it took a little more convincing for me.  We both saw tremendous potential, however, and it was listed for a great price in the right school district (and on a cul de sac, to boot!) so we went for it.  


The Kitchen





The Jack and Jill Bathroom
(aka The Girls' Potty)

All I can say about this bathroom is that there was carpet throughout.  From 1986.  Really.  The carpet had never been replaced.  Or cleaned.  Don't even ask about the drain in the bathtub. Y-U-C-K.






The Master Bathroom

Oh boy.  The thing is, I can deal with outdated.  It wouldn't be ideal for me because I love decorating and interior design.  But I could work around that.  This bathroom, I truly believe, hadn't been cleaned in at least 20 years.  Don't even get me started on the plumbing.  What a mess.  And the smell of pet urine throughout the entire house.  Bet you're wondering why we bought this place.   

But stay tuned!  The (almost) finished product is amazing and, God willing, this is our "forever" home and we are going to take great care of it.













Just a random shot of the upstairs hallway...